Sunday, May 3, 2009
Chess Tournament
I enjoyed taking Benjamin and Joseph to a chess tournament last weekend. Joey was out of town, so it was up to me to take them. Unfortunately I have never played chess much, so mostly I was there for support. The boys were so proud of their awards. After Ben's first match I asked him how it went. He said, "It was so fun! But I lost. She was good." I was glad he wasn't sad about losing. Later I talked to the dad of the girl he lost to. He just laughed and said it was entertaining to watch that match. His daughter was making up all kinds of rules, and won by places her king next to Ben's King saying, "Checkmate." He said Ben was definately the better player. I was pleased a lot of the parents recognized it as "just for fun" instead of being too competitive. Although there were definately some serious parents there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
ha, that is so funny.
Seems the boys in this family really like to play chess, we should have a tournament at the next reunion! Lol about the making up her own rules, Kole does that too:)good job Ben and Joseph!
Chess! That is so awesome, I think kids that play chess are just amazing! Way to go Ben and Joseph!
lol that is so funny. good experience.
Yay I found your blog! I've been reading some old posts and it's fun to hear the whole "scoop" instead of the bits and pieces while we're tending to the kids. I have you on my Google Reader now, so I'm officially one of your stalkers! :) Our blog is at www.mccullochs.info/mcblog.
Post a Comment