Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Square Foot Gardening


We attempted a garden this year. I have been wanting to plant a garden for several years but havn't been able to. We really don't have a very big yard, so I thought square foot gardening would work best. It was really fun to do it. The kids loved helping out with each step. Building the box frames, mixing the soil, and planting the seeds. There were several days where I had the soil just laying around waiting to be mixed. I just didn't have the time to do it. Ben said, "Mom can I go work on the garden?" I told him how to do it, and he filled up the boxes with soil. It took him about two hours, but he kept at it. That evening we were able to plant all the seeds together as a family. This garden really is Ben's. He goes outside to check the plants and water them every day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Danelle Grossnickle said...

Those boxes look fabulous! We had an enrichment on square foot gardening last year,,,way to go!!! Ben ..you are an amazing little boy! Keep up the good work, your reward will come soon in the bounteous vegetables you can enjoy!