We had a family home evening yesterday about recieving revelation from God. I printed out two phones and had them call eachother from the other side of the room. It was fun to hear their pretend conversation about picking up a goldfish from the pet store. Then we asked if prayer was like calling God on the phone? They had some good ideas about prayer and how God talks to us. Afterwards we made donuts together. Ben says, "Mom you always make good treats. You must like treats." It is true I like treats, but with the excuse to only eat them on Sunday and Monday evenings.
3 comments:
How fun! Our family needs to get better at doing FHE. OC Stake is having their annual Stake Enrichment and one of the activities is a binder of 52 FHE's and activities and whatnot... I really wish I could be there that day. That would be the coolest idea!! How do you come up with FHE's?
Very good to see that you are having good FHE nights. We just started up again after a way too long hiatus. It really feels good to be following the counsel of the prophet and teaching our kids about the gospel!
That is an awesome Family home evening. The treats look really good.
Post a Comment