Thursday, April 30, 2009
Kaylana's Birthday
Barbie Cake, Frog Apples and Bubbles. It can't get better than that. Kaylana kept saying, "Is this Barbie really a cake?" Doesn't it look amazing? The shawl is even made of frosting. My neigbor volunteered to make it for Kaylana's birthday. She makes professional wedding cakes. She even did it for free! I enjoyed watching all the five year old kids interact at the party. Joseph and Ben were each in charge of a game. Joseph blew up tons and tons of baloons and somehow put new pencils in some of them. So the kids had to go around popping them with a tack taped to a sword. I was amazed at his determination to blow up so many balloons. Ben thought of the "princess game" for Kaylana. He called it "Pin the bow on the Princess." There were pictures of several princesses taped to the wall. Kaylana got to pick out which princess, and the kids had to put the bow on the one she chose. Good idea Ben.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
That sounds like a ton of fun. I love the game ideas. That cake looks amazing.
What a fun party! I wish I could have been a little girl at her party! Frog apples? that is such a great idea and they are so cute! Way to go Em! That cake is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
Wow, everything looks amazing!! Denver says she wants that cake on her next birthday :o) It looks fantastic. I'd be afraid to cut into it though :o/ Happy birthday beautiful Kaylana!! Denver talked about you on your day very often. She misses her cousins in Utah!!
Birthday parties are the best, really! I used to get so uptight about hosting parties but thankfully I have outgrown my opinions and now I think they are magical!
She's so big! I can't believe it.
Emily- guess what? Your tulips came up this year! 5 of them. They were very pretty and I meant to take a picture of them for you but they died before I could get around to it.
I hope you are all doing well.
oops- you probably don't know who I am, I didn't know my screen name would come up that way- heh heh..It's Jen from Ithaca- from Winstong court. :)
Post a Comment