
The birth of Corbin Daniel Price went really well. The nurse Midwife was certain I was not going to progress fast enough. So she kept offering to break my water. I proved her wrong though. Things went along just great with out much intervention. I did let her break my water during transition.
We went to the hospital at 2pm and the baby was born at 7pm. After walking around the park once I knew I was in labor. Contractions were getting harder and closer. Joe was at BYU teaching an Economics class, and I couldn't get a hold of him. He didn't know it but the room he was teaching in didn't have reception. Mom finally called the receptionist at the Econ office and told her our situation. While having hard contraction, I heard mom say nicely, "Could you have him call me?" I yelled to her, "No! dont call, just tell him to come NOW!" I was so afraid he would miss the birth. When he arrived he immediately started helping me relax with Hypnobirthing. We turned on some Steven Halpburn, and I was one my way to getting "deep." This was probably my more comfortable birthing experiences. Stacy (my doula) was so on top of things, getting me drinks and rubbing my back. She was AWESOME! When Corbin arrived I was soooo happy. Glad to not be pregnant and glad to be done with labor. We are enjoying Corbin so much. I especially love it when Jeffrey says over and over, "Hi Coban, Hi Coban."

3 comments:
That is a really beautiful birth picture! Your story is so wonderful!Congrats!
That really is a beautiful picture. And an awesome story. Glad everything went so well. Love you guys!
Joann calls him "Co-baby." We loved seeing your little guy. What a sweet baby.
Post a Comment