Joey went to China last week. He had a great trip. He felt a little sick because we all had the flu when he left. But he managed all right. He went to the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, and some Olympic venues. He said the food there is not at all like the chinese food we know. He thought it was really gross. They eat anything that moves. Vegetables are scarce in Beijing. It is expensive for them to bring them in. Also he couldn't eat any fruit or vegetable because the water they use to wash them is contaminated. They also structure their day around the meals. Whenever he would eat a meal there would be an incredible amount. Just tons and tons of food. It was nice the his guide paid for all the meals. Some of the translations on the menu was very interesting, like "boiled child chicken." He thought this sign was so cool. "Tender, fragrant grass, how heardhearted to trample them."

This is a picture of him at the Temple of Heaven.This is a "Hot Pot." It is a fancy
way to cook your food. You throw in
things you want to eat such as shrimp
thin sliced meat, lettuce, cabbage, and
meatballs. He liked seeing his own
food cooked in front of him.
The picture of the dishes saran wrapped is how they show your dishes are
clean and washed. I am so glad he is home now. It was a little stressful for me to have him out of the Country.
2 comments:
China is just so foreign! That's funny that Joey didn't like the food, that's all Jed could talk about, they loved the food! I mean some of it was probably disturbing I'm sure. Wow, what a cool experience!
Why did he go to China? Fun! I wouldn't like the food either...I would probably lose weight there:)Thanks for sending Kyzen's left clothing!
Post a Comment