Wednesday, October 14, 2009
What would you say?
If you were asked, "What do you do to keep your life simple?" What would you say? I was asked to be on a panel of a few women for a relief society meeting. They are going to ask me that question. Specifically on.......doing laundry, being a mother, preparing meals, ect. So I am asking anyone willing to share advice. I know things can get really crazy and overwhelming sometimes. Something I like to do is when I sit down to read my scriptures, I write down my most important goals in my life, like loving my kids, or drawing close to the Lord. Then I can remember them when my favorite pyrex measuring cup gets broken, or when the enter key on my computer stops working because Jeffrey pounds on it too hard. I'm not extremely comfortable being up in front of people, but I was asked by one of my friends......so I said yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well I remember once you told me something like, "I'd like to decorate and add lots of beautiful things to my home, but we're just going to do those types of things after the kids are grown. For now, kids are what we're focusing on-- putting $ into letting them do lessons and sports. THEN later, I can do what I want with my home!" Something like that. I liked that, and it really stuck with me. I like that you are 100% into raising your children and that they aren't seen as burdens, but as blessings in your life. I, for one, tend to get caught up in wanting "things" and stressing about trying to make the house perfect. You seem to be very easy-going, not caught up in the world, and focused on raising your happy, intelligent children. That's how I think you keep things simple.
My life is not simple, that is what I would say:) Sorry ,it is the truth!
hmmm. I think I would agree with Danelle that our lives are far from being simple when we have big families. However, the simplicity comes from the habits that we make. Like doing chores at a certain time of the day everyday or reading our scriptures. Being flexible but not at the expense of order. Order to me is simple. Chaos is complicated!
Post a Comment