
Thrirty years old sounds so mature. I don't feel that way. Joey and the kids made my birthday feel extra special. Joey took me out on a hot date. We went to Shoots. It's a fancy Chinese food resturant. Afterwards he asked me what I wanted to do next. I said I wanted to go shopping and pick out on outfit. Ok let me tell you we have never never never done this before in our marriage. I know he doesn't like shopping. But hey, it was my special day. He was so sweet and stood outside the dressing room and commented on each thing I tried on. We learned Joey doesn't like trendy things, like a scarf around the waist of a skirt. Cute huh! Nope he didn't like that one. I ended up getting some really nice dressy clothes. Now I can feel cuter around those young women at church, just kidding.
Something else I loved were little notes my kids made for me. I just love it when they do sweet things like that. And I absolutely love my new miracle blade knives from Joe and Karan. It is so nice to finally have more than one sharp knife to use. For my dessert of choice I picked cheesecake. I know I know..... I am allergic to the milk. But once in a while, I can handle it. It was delicious and fun to share with Katie and Mike.

5 comments:
What fun! Happy late birthday! 30 isn't that bad , I am approaching 40 in 2 years, we will talk then:)How sweet for Joey to take you shopping! Robert WOULD never EVER do that with me...EVER! Way to go Joey!Well, Robert would get me some outdoor gear..maybe:)
Glad you got to have a special birthday! Those little notes made me laugh... I like how Joseph wrote "happy birthday Emily" and it was funny that one note said, "Just because I love you, let's go get ice cream!" haha that's awesome! I am impressed by Kaylana's beautiful handwriting also.
I love birthdays (and I totally love my set of miracle blade knives, too). I'm glad to hear your day was so special!
Happy birthday bones!
I loved how you wrote that post;I could almost hear your voice. I miss you Em! Happy Birthday.
Post a Comment